- You must have Administrator credentials for the Moodle installation to be able to set up the LTI tool.
- You must have received one set of unique keys (Consumer Key and Shared Secret) from your Labster Representative.
Step by Step Instructions
- Log in to Moodle as an Administrator
- Select Site Administration under the Administration panel on the left side of the screen
- Select Plugins from the drop-down menu
- Click on Plugins Overview
- Under Activity modules, scroll down to External tool and click on the Settings link
- Under Manage Preconfigured tools, click the text tool link to Add preconfigured tool
- Under External Tool Configuration, fill in Tool Settings:
- Tool name: Labster
- Tool URL: https://api2.labster.com *
* Labster Tool URLs by Region
*NOTE: your Labster Tool URL may vary based on your geographic region. Please use the URL specified in the email you received from your Labster representative. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support Team.
Labster Tool URL
(includes USA except in unique cases)
- Tool description: (optional)
- Consumer Key: Your Labster Consumer Key
- Shared Secret: Your Labster Secret Key
- Custom parameters: send_attempts=all
Optional to add a custom grade parameter that will send all or best-completed attempts to 100% to the gradebook instead of just the first fully completed attempt.
Please note that choosing this option will enable it for all courses associated with this consumer and secret key.
Please note that setting this custom parameter often depends on your institution's policy, and what makes the most sense to the instructors.
Please also note that your LMS may have certain grade filtering options applied, which sometimes results in only the last attempt being displayed in the grade book.
- Tool configurations usage: Show as a preconfigured tool when adding an external tool
- Default launch container: New window
- IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services: Do not use this service
- IMS LTI Membership: Do not use this service
- Share launcher’s name with tool: Always
- Share launcher’s email with tool: Always
- Accept grades from tool: Always
- Force SSL: checked
Please note that if your system is not supporting HTTPS/SSL by default, the grades will not sync into your Moodle gradebook unless you have Force SSL unchecked. However, by leaving this option unchecked, please note that Labster cannot be responsible for the security of your data.
> Miscellaneous: (add details based on your institution’s guidelines)
8. Click the Save changes button
Now that you have completed configuring Labster as an LTI Tool, the instructor will need to upload the common cartridge file so that they can assign simulations to their students. A Labster Representative will be in touch with faculty to assist with this process.
Step 2: (Teacher) How to Import Labster Common Cartridge into Moodle Version 3.x
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.