- You must have administrator credentials for the Moodle installation to be able to set up the LTI tool.
- You must have received one set of keys (Consumer Key and Shared Secret) that are unique to your institution from the Labster customer success team.
Step by Step Instructions
- Log in to Moodle as an Administrator
- Select Site Administration under the Administration panel on the left side of the screen
- Select Plugins from the drop-down menu
- Click on Plugins Overview
- Under Activity modules, scroll down to External tool and click on the Settings link
- Under Manage Preconfigured tools, click the text tool link to Add preconfigured tool
- Under External Tool Configuration, fill in Tool Settings:
- Tool name: Labster
- Tool URL: https://api2.labster.com *
*NOTE: your Labster Tool URL may vary based on your region. Please use the URL specified in the email you received from Labster.
- Tool description: (optional)
- Consumer Key: Your Labster Consumer Key
- Shared Secret: Your Labster Secret Key
- Custom parameters: send_attempts=all
Optional to add a custom grade parameter which will send all or best completed attempts to 100% to the gradebook instead of just the first fully completed attempt.
Please note that choosing this option will enable it for all courses associated with this consumer and secret key.
Please note that setting this custom parameter often depends on your institution policy, and what makes most sense to the instructors.
Please also note that your LMS may have certain grade filtering options applied, which sometimes results in only the last attempt being displayed in the grade book.
- Tool configurations usage: Show as preconfigured tool when adding an external tool
- Default launch container: New window
- IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services: IMS LTI Membership
- Share launcher’s name with tool: Always
- Share launcher’s email with tool: Always
- Accept grades from tool: Always
- Force SSL: checked
Please note that if your system by default is not supporting HTTPS/SSL, then the grades will not be sent back to your Moodle unless you have Force SSL unchecked. However, if leaving this option unchecked, please note that Labster cannot be responsible for the security of your data.
> Miscellaneous: (add details based on your institution’s guidelines)
- Click the Save changes button
The video above is solely for instructional purposes and it aims to show you the process based on the written instructions. To get your own copy, please click Get the guide button, open the document and click "File > Download as" and download the document.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox or Chrome💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to these Specifications 💻Encounter any technical issue? Follow the basic Labster troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? Talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please go to Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? Check out the Labster blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster? Please sign up to our newsletter 💌
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:🌍™
Want to know more?🔎
👉 BLACKBOARD How to configure Labster LTI tool for Blackboard
👉 BLACKBOARD How to add Labster simulations to your Blackboard course
👉 BRIGHTSPACE How to configure Labster LTI tool for Brightspace
👉 CANVAS How to configure Labster LTI tool for Canvas
👉 CANVAS How to add Labster simulations to your Canvas course
👉 MOODLE How to add Labster simulations to your Moodle 3.x course
👉 SAKAI How to configure Labster LTI and add simulations to your Sakai course
👉 OTHERS How to add simulations to your Google Classroom course
If you'd like to know more, chat to us in the Messenger 😊