This step must be completed in order for teachers to add Labster simulations to their course.
- You must have administrator credentials for the Canvas instance
- You must have received one set of keys (Consumer Key and Shared Secret) that are unique to your institution from Labster customer success team.
We highly recommend that you add Labster LTI tool on the global level of your Canvas instance, so that you only need to perform this step once, for all current and future courses.
Special case: the Labster LTI tool determines which grades are sent to your Canvas gradebook. If instructors request specific grade setup for their courses, you will need to create a new LTI tool on each course level and adjust the custom grade parameter accordingly. The global and course LTI tools can use the same keys and be active at the same time, without any risk. The course-level LTI will always override the global one.
- Log in to Canvas as Administrator
- Go to the Admin menu and press Settings on the left-hand side panel
- Select Apps Tab
- Click the +App button
- In the Add App window, choose By URL
- Enter the Name: Labster Dashboard
- Add your Labster Customer key and your Labster Shared Secret
- Paste in the Config Url: https://www.labster.com/integrations/canvas OR if you need your data to be stored on our UK server, and you were told so by your Labster Representative, use this URL instead: https://www.labster.com/integrations/canvas/uk. If in doubt, please ask us directly.
- Click Submit button
✔ Instructors can now add Labster simulations to their course by following these instructions 🎯
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox or Chrome 💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to these Specifications 💻Encounter any technical issue? Follow the basic Labster troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please go to Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? check out Labster blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster ? please sign up to our newsletter 💌
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:🌍™
Want to know more?🔎
👉 BLACKBOARD How to configure Labster LTI tool for Blackboard
👉 BLACKBOARD How to add Labster simulations to your Blackboard course
👉 BRIGHTSPACE How to configure Labster LTI tool for Brightspace
👉 CANVAS How to add Labster simulations to your Canvas course
👉 MOODLE How to configure Labster LTI tool for Moodle 3.x
👉 MOODLE How to add Labster simulations to your Moodle 3.x course
👉 MOODLE I receive a black screen and got an OAUTH error?
👉 MOODLE Grades are not displayed in Grade Report but available in Grade History
👉 MOODLE Simulation is not started. However, I can hear the voice over
👉 SAKAI How to configure Labster LTI and add simulations to your Sakai course
👉 OTHERS How to add simulations to your Google Classroom course
If you'd like to know more, chat to us in the Messenger 😊