Using Blackboard Ultra? See this guide instead: Blackboard Ultra Guide
- Labster LTI tool must have been enabled and configured by the Blackboard administrator at your institution according to instructions here.
- You must have either teacher or administrator credentials to be able to edit the course.
- You must have downloaded your Labster simulations in a common cartridge .zip file from the Faculty Resources page. Instructions for download are in the video below:
Step 1: Import the Common Cartridge file to your course
- Log in to Blackboard and navigate to your course
- Go to Course Management > Packages and Utilities > Import Package / View Logs
- Select Import Package button
- Select a Package : select the .zip file from Labster
- Under the Select Course Materials section, select the Content Areas checkbox
- Press Submit
- After a few seconds, refresh the page. The imported simulations will be found under the newly created Labster Simulations menu, in the left-hand side panel
Step 2: Update the simulation settings
- Select Labster Simulations menu on the left-hand side panel
- Click on a simulation > Click the check mark icon ✔ > Edit
- Make sure the following fields match the description below:
- Enable Evaluation: Yes
- Points Possible: 1
- Visible to Student: Yes
- Open in New Window: Yes - 👀 This is critical❗
- Permit Users to View this Content: Yes
4. Press the Submit button
5. Repeat the steps above for each simulation you would like to add to the course
Step 3: Enter your license code**
**Note that you may omit this step if your institution's Labster setup does not require it. If you are asked to, please follow the steps below to enter your license code.
- Launch one of the simulations in the course. If the simulation starts loading without asking you to enter a license code, you can ignore this last step.
- If prompted to enter a license code, paste or select your license code and press the Apply button. It is important you enter the license code matching your course.
✔ Your students can now access Labster simulations from your course and your grades will appear in the Labster dashboard as well as your Blackboard gradebook🎯
- Please note that you must not alter existing activities/assignments by modifying the simulation URLs. Doing so would affect the grading.
- In the case where you have been provided with several common cartridge files, please ensure that you remove simulation duplicates from your course before you publish the assignments. In case a simulation appears twice under the Assignments section, it will also appear twice in your Canvas gradebook.
- If required by your institution guidelines, you can add to your course the link to Labster's User Terms and Conditions as found here: https://www.labster.com/terms-and-conditions/
Each .zip file contains a link to the Labster Dashboard, which will get added to your course together with the simulations. Make sure that you do not enable evaluation for the Dashboard. You can read more about the Teacher dashboard and the Student dashboard.
Your students can take the Labster simulations as many times as they wish. This means that students may generate several grades for each simulation. Read about how grades are sent to your gradebook in order to learn more.
This Blackboard Webinar recording demonstrates the implementation process and provides additional context you may find helpful:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox or Chrome 💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to these Specifications 💻Encounter any technical issue? Follow the basic Labster troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? Talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please go to Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? Check out the Labster blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster? Please sign up to our newsletter 💌
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:🌍™
Want to know more?🔎
👉 BLACKBOARD How to configure Labster LTI tool for Blackboard
👉 BRIGHTSPACE How to configure Labster LTI tool for Brightspace
👉 CANVAS How to configure Labster LTI tool for Canvas
👉 CANVAS How to add Labster simulations to your Canvas course
👉 MOODLE How to configure Labster LTI tool for Moodle 3.x
👉 MOODLE How to add Labster simulations to your Moodle 3.x course
👉 SAKAI How to configure Labster LTI and add simulations to your Sakai course
👉 OTHERS How to add simulations to your Google Classroom course
If you'd like to know more, chat to us in the Messenger 😊