- You must have administrator credentials to be able to set up the LTI tool on Blackboard Ultra
- You must have received one set of unique keys (Consumer Key and Shared Secret) from the Labster customer success team
We highly recommend that you add Labster LTI tool on the global level of your Blackboard instance, so that you only need to perform this step once, for all current and future courses.
Special case: the Labster LTI tool determines which grades are sent to your Blackboard grade book. If instructors request specific grade setup for their courses, you will need to add the Labster keys on each course level andadjust the custom grade parameter accordingly. The global and course LTI tools can use the same keys and be active at the same time, without any risk. The course-level LTI will always override the global one, when keys are entered.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Login to Blackboard as Administrator
- Click on Admin
- In the Administrator Panel, under the Integrations section, click on LTI Tool Providers
- Click on Register Provider Domain on the LTI Tool Providers page
- Click on Register LTI 1.1 Provider
> Under Provider Domain Status:
- Enter Provider Domain: api2.labster.com*
* Labster Servers by Region
Note: You will be assigned to a server by Labster Customer Support. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support Team.
(includes USA except in unique cases)
- Provider Domain Status: Approved*
- Secondary Hostnames: Leave blank
> Under Default Configuration:
- Default Configuration: Set globally*
- Tool Provider Key: Your Labster Customer key*
- Tool Provider Secret: Your Labster Secret key*
- Tool Providers Custom Parameters: send_attempts=all or send_attempts=best
Note: It is optional to add a custom grade parameter that will send all or the best-completed attempts to 100% to the Blackboard grade book instead of just the first fully completed attempt. Please note that setting this custom parameter often depends on your institution policy, and what makes the most sense to the instructors.
Please also note that your LMS may have certain grade filtering options applied, which sometimes results in only the last attempt being displayed in the grade book.
> Under Institution Policies:
- Send User Data: Send user data only over SSL*
- User Fields to Send: Select all of these boxes: Role in Course, Name, and Email Address*
- Allow Membership Service Access: Yes
- Message text: Add the message you want your users to see when accessing a link outside of Blackboard.
6. Press the Submit button
✔ Congratulations! Instructors can now add Labster simulations to their course by following these instructions 🎯
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox or Chrome 💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to these Specifications 💻Encounter any technical issue? Follow the basic Labster troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? Talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please go to Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? Check out the Labster blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster? Please sign up to our newsletter 💌
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:🌍™
Want to know more?🔎
👉 BLACKBOARD How to add Labster simulations to your Blackboard course
👉 BRIGHTSPACE How to configure Labster LTI tool for Brightspace
👉 CANVAS How to configure Labster LTI tool for Canvas
👉 CANVAS How to add Labster simulations to your Canvas course
👉 MOODLE How to configure Labster LTI tool for Moodle 3.x
👉 MOODLE How to add Labster simulations to your Moodle 3.x course
👉 SAKAI How to configure Labster LTI and add simulations to your Sakai course
👉 OTHERS How to add simulations to your Google Classroom course
If you'd like to know more, chat to us in the Messenger 😊