We recommended adding the Labster External Tool at the Institution level.
Step by Step Instructions
1) Log in as an Administrator and go to Tools > School Management > System Settings > Integration
2) Select the External Tools Tab menu
3) Select the Add External Tool Provider button
- Tool Name: Enter the Tool Name as you wish*
- Consumer Key: Enter the Consumer Key provided by Labster*
- Shared Secret: Enter the Secret key provided by Labster*
- Privacy: choose “Send name and email/username of user who launches the tool”*
- Configuration Type: Manual*
- Match By: Domain*
- Domain/url*: api2.labster.com *
* Labster Domain/URLs by Region
Note: You will be assigned to a domain/url by Labster Customer Support. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support Team.
(includes USA except in unique cases)
- Custom Parameters: send_attempts=all or send_attempts=best
Note: It is optional to add a custom grade parameter which will send all or best completed attempts to 100% to the gradebook instead of just the first fully completed attempt. Setting this custom parameter often depends on your institution’s policy, and what makes most sense to the instructors.
Please also note that your LMS may have certain grade filtering options applied, which sometimes results in only the last attempt being displayed in the grade book.
Add License Code
You will need to launch one of the simulations in the course to connect the course with the correct license. Please note that only a Teacher role can proceed with this step. If you are logged in as an Admin, please use the 'Quick Enroll' function.
- While logged in as a Teacher, click on one of the simulations and press Launch after you have completed adding the simulation URLs.
- A box will appear prompting you to enter your license code. Enter the license code provided by Labster and press Apply.*
- You will see a confirmation screen that your course is now fully set up and ready for your students.
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox or Chrome 💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to these Specifications 💻Encounter any technical issue? Follow the basic Labster troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? Talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please go to Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? Check out the Labster blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster? Please sign up to our newsletter 💌