In order to integrate Labster to Schoology using common cartridge, you will need the following:
- The Labster LTI tool must have been enabled and configured by your institution according to instructions here
- You must have downloaded the Common Cartridge file from the Faculty Resources page. Instructions for download are in the video below:
3. Consumer Key
4. Secret Key
Step by Step Instructions
Create New Course
- As an Admin or Teacher, click “Courses” in the top bar menu of Schoology.
- Click My Courses in the top right corner of the drop-down menu.
- From the Courses page, click the Create Course button
- In the Create form:
- Tick Enroll as Admin*
- Click Create to finish
Importing the Common Cartridge file
1) As an Admin or Teacher, select “Resources” on the top bar menu
2) Click “Import” in the drop-down menu to the right of “My Resources”
3) Select “Common Cartridge (IMSCC or ZIP)”
4) Select one of the available “Collection” options on the “Import to:”*
> Importing new simulations to new collection:
- Select “New Collection” option
- Enter “Collection Title”
> Adding new simulations to an existing collection:
- Select “Existing collection” option
- Select the intended collection from the “Collection” drop-down
- (Optional) Enter New folder title
5) Select “Next” button
6) Attach the Common Cartridge File
7) Select “Next” button
Congratulations! Simulations can now be imported into your course from Resources.
Add License Code**
**This step may be omitted if your institution's Labster setup does not require it. If prompted, please enter your Labster License Code as described below.
- From Instructor access, click one of the simulations and press Launch after you have completed adding the simulation URLs. It is necessary to launch one of the simulations in the course in order to connect with the correct license. Please note that only an Instructor role can proceed with this step. If you are logged in as an Admin, please use the 'Quick Enroll' function.
- A box will appear prompting you to enter your license code. Enter the code and press Apply.*
- You will receive a confirmation screen that your course is now fully set up and ready for the students.
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox or Chrome 💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to these Specifications 💻Encounter any technical issue? Follow the basic Labster troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? Talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please go to Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? Check out the Labster blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster? Please sign up to our newsletter 💌