Labster is in the process of upgrading dozens of simulations with our new accessibility features, including keyboard navigation, screen reader, and re-sizable text. For more information about Labster's commitment to accessibility and forthcoming updates, please visit our Accessibility page.
The below instructions apply to the following simulations, which are now 100% playable via screen reader and keyboard navigation: Evolution, Lab Safety, Cell Membrane and Transport. Stay tuned for dozens more in the coming weeks and months.
Opening a Simulation in ‘Accessibility Mode’
- Launch the simulation.
- On the simulation "loading screen," open the Navigation Menu in the top-left corner of the page.
- Select the “Accessibility Mode” option, which is third from the top.
The simulation page will then reload and you can:
- Select ‘Start’ to launch the simulation.
- Proceed through a Tutorial on how to play the simulation in Accessibility Mode.
- Begin playing the simulation.
There is a navigation tab permanently available in the Lab Pad in case you want a refresher on how to proceed.
Navigation in Accessibility Mode
Lab Pad navigation
- Spacebar Key — Brings the Lab Pad up and down
- Up and Down Arrow Keys — Allows to scroll through the text on the Lab Pad
- Enter Key — Allows to select the highlighted element (answer or button)
- TAB and Backspace Keys — the TAB key allows to navigate within the different Lap Pad tabs (Home, Theory, Media, Mission, Sound, Calculator) and selection options (quiz question answers, etc.). The Backspace key allows the same navigation in the opposite direction, making it useful to answer quis questions or to select the Continue option
Lab room navigation
- Left and Right Arrow Keys — Controls the navigation and element selection within the lab room.
- Enter Key — A.) Allows to act on the selected element in the lab room or in animations B.) Allows to select the “Press here to Continue” button in animations. C.) Allows to select quiz question answers in animations
- TAB Key — Allows to navigate through the quiz question answers in animations
- Backspace Key —Serves the same functionality as the BACK button: it brings you to your previous physical location in the lab room
Note: If you are using a Mac, please use the Command key instead of Ctrl.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox, Chrome or Safari 💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to this Specifications 💻Encounter any technical issue? Follow the basic labster troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please go to Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? check out Labster blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster ? please sign up to our newsletter 💌
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:🌍™
Want to know more?🔎
👉 How do i collect the blood sample?
👉 Why cant I pick up an item?
👉 I can't find the lab coat rack
👉 Where is the glove box?
👉 I am having trouble moving the camera around
👉 Score calculation
👉 How to access the Theory pages
👉 Saving points and simulation attempts
If you'd like to know more, chat to us in the Messenger 😊