Labster is in the process of upgrading dozens of simulations with our new accessibility features, including keyboard navigation, screen reader, and re-sizable text. Please see the instructions below or visit our Accessibility page for more information.
The simulations listed here are ready be played in 'Accessibility Mode'. There will be several dozen more fully accessible simulations ready by the end of 2020.
Opening a Simulation in ‘Accessibility Mode’
- Launch the simulation.
- On the simulation "loading screen," open the Navigation Menu in the top-left corner of the page.
- Select the “Accessibility Mode” option, which is third from the top.
The simulation page will then reload and you can:
- Select ‘Start’ to launch the simulation.
- Proceed through a Tutorial on how to play the simulation in Accessibility Mode.
- Begin playing the simulation.
There is a navigation tab permanently available in the Lab Pad in case you want a refresher on how to proceed.
Navigation in Accessibility Mode
Lab Pad navigation
- Spacebar Key — Brings the Lab Pad up and down
- Up and Down Arrow Keys — Allows to scroll through the text on the Lab Pad
- Enter Key — Allows to select the highlighted element (answer or button)
- TAB and Backspace Keys — the TAB key allows to navigate within the different Lap Pad tabs and buttons (Home, Theory, Media) and selection options (quiz question answers, etc.). The Backspace key allows the same navigation in the opposite direction, making it useful to answer quiz questions or to select the Continue option
Lab room navigation
- Left and Right Arrow Keys — Controls the navigation and element selection within the lab room.
- Enter Key — Allows to select the highlighted element
- Backspace Key —Serves the same functionality as the BACK button: it brings you to your previous physical location in the lab room
Note 1: If you are using a Mac, please use the Command key instead of Ctrl.
Note 2: We recommend users either use keyboard navigation (in Accessibility Mode) or click through the simulation in standard mode using their mouse.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or are in need of assistance.
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox or Chrome 💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to this Specifications 💻Encounter any technical issue? Follow the basic labster troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please go to Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? check out Labster blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster ? please sign up to our newsletter 💌
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:🌍™
Want to know more?🔎
👉 How do i collect the blood sample?
👉 Why cant I pick up an item?
👉 I can't find the lab coat rack
👉 Where is the glove box?
👉 I am having trouble moving the camera around
👉 Score calculation
👉 How to access the Theory pages
👉 Saving points and simulation attempts
If you'd like to know more, chat to us in the Messenger 😊