Labster simulations can only be used on laptop or desktop based computers, which meet the following requirements:
- Processor: Dual core 2 GHz or higher
- Memory: 4 GB or more
- Graphic card: Intel HD 3000 / GeForce 6800 GT / Radeon X700 or higher
- OS: Latest version of Windows (64-bit) or Mac OS or ChromeOS
- Supported browsers: Latest version of Firefox and Chrome
- A stable internet Connection
iPad/Phone/Tablets not yet supported
Important: Labster simulations do not yet run on mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets. We are working on adding this in the future.
Labster’s virtual lab simulations are accessible on Chromebooks that meet the minimum specifications above. Since there are many different Chromebooks, it can be difficult to determine if your specific Chromebook meets those specifications.
How to update your operating system to the latest version
To update your Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 Operating System:
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button in the lower left corner. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click either Windows Update or Check for updates.
- Click the Check for updates button and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
For information on Microsoft Windows Automatic Updates, visit Microsoft's Update.
Windows 7- End of support: After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7.
- Click the App Store icon.
- Click the Updates tab.
- If any updates to the system are required, they will appear on the list.
- After updating, please restart your system before entering the lab again.
Note: It is important that you do not shut your computer off or allow it to run out of battery during the update process. Doing so can cause a corruption of the operating system, which can often only be fixed by reformatting the computer.
Please check out Basic Troubleshooting article if you are having technical issues:
Looking for supported browsers? Checkout Firefox or Chrome 💬
Labster simulation system requirements? Please refer to these Specifications 💻Encountered any technical issues? Follow the Basic Labster Troubleshooting 🔧
Want to get a demo of Labster? Talk to us to better understand our Pricing 🔑
Want to get the latest insights from experts? Please watch our Webinars 📣
Want to discover new ways of teaching and learning? Check out the Labster Blog 📚
Want to know the latest news from Labster? Please sign up to our Newsletter 💌
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:🌍
If you'd like to know more, chat to us in the Messenger 😊